The Certificate Maintenance Program created by American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) accepts continuing education units approved by the following organizations to satisfy the 20 contact hours requirements.
Approved Accreditation Programs
2. ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) Category 1
3. AMA (American Medical Association) PRA Category 1
4. AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians)
5. AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners)
6. NPWH (National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health)
7. ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education)
Mandatory Requirements for North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) Recertification:
1. Peer Review—5 Contact Hours. Participates in Peer Review and/or Attends Peer Review Workshop
2. Current CPR and NRP (read this page for details)
3. A workshop, module, or course on Cultural Awareness.
4. Affirmation of current use of Practice Guidelines, Emergency Care Form, Informed Disclosure (given at initiation of care), and Informed Consent documents (used for shared decision making during care). Read more about these here.
5. Demographic information
Two Additional Options for Recertification Before Expiration:
1. Mandatory Requirements + 25 Contact Hours from a mixture of Categories OR
2. Mandatory Requirements + retaking the NARM Examination